Morning Lesson November 12, 2023
Transcription is made from simultaneous translation, which leaves a possibility for differences in the audio
Rabash. Article No. 34, 1989. What Is Peace in the Work?
Reading Article. (0:37) “The verse says, “Therefore say,..”
1. S. (27:15) What actions bring a person to have trust in the Creator, faith in the Creator, confidence in Him?
R. Confidence is the light that shines on a person from the Creator if a person needs it, if a person needs it. If he sees his relationship with the group, the environment, how much he is capable or incapable of advancing them, accordingly is his demand for confidence. Confidence is the light that shines from the place above.
2. S. (28:22) I understood from the article that the point of covenant to which we yearn is to reach peace with the Creator, to make a covenant with the Creator, that He will help me overcome the nature in order to receive. Is this the point of our unity? Also, it says in the article that you can fight against the Sitra Achra only through Israel, one who yearns for the Creator, this is why we have to gather together. The question is: How shall we build this circle in the ten so that from its center we turn to the Creator?
R. To do that we have to always try to be together, to connect to a single whole. As written, as one man in one desire, towards one goal. And then we gradually reach a state where we have the desire for it, meaning that we demand the Creator to help us in that, to connect, to unite and in such a way we achieve such a state.
3. S. (30:07) It is written in the article that a person draws the holy soul from its root and it goes through the system of the worlds of Kedusha and dresses in the body. What is this process that the soul goes through in its clothing in man's body which we draw?
R. This is light that comes from the Creator penetrating through all the worlds, Partzufim, Sefirot and reaches the person, influences him and clothes in him and in such a way everything unifies by that light, alright.
4. S. (31:10) Why do we forget about the covenant with the Creator even after we pray?
R. Because that still is not important to us, bit by bit, the matter of the covenant, the connection with the Creator becomes increasingly important but that's a path there and it takes time, a lot of time and a lot of effort, that a person has to make, has to reveal and then we realize that the connection with the Creator is necessary so that we will build ourselves in the right, true and certain way.
5. S. (32:20) What is the work we have to reach in order to envy, to be jealous of the Creator?
R. To get closer to Him as much as possible, get closer to Him.
6. S. (32:47) Getting closer to the Creator does that mean that the whole group is in one common desire that is very similar to the Creator, desire for bestowal and love?
7. S. (33:03) The way of the Creator is through love and peace. How can a person run away from the ego and everything that’s in him and come to a state of straight to the Creator with a pure soul and an awakening?
R. Only by increasing the connection with the group, that in the center of the connection between them, he pictures the Creator and that's how he wants to reveal the Creator by the connection with the friends.
8. S. (34:02) When a person, he’s up until thirteen years, he's influenced by the Sitra Achra. Then it says that a holy soul is extended to us from the root. What is the holy soul from the root? Is it what you just explained to Kyiv?
R. The holy soul from the root means that what person is on the path after a period called thirteen years, it's not actually thirteen years, it's just a period called that way. He begins to receive from above an acknowledgement of the Creator, a feeling of the Creator, he begins to connect with that upper force that shines on him from above and then the vessels in which a person receives the feeling of the Creator that's called his soul.
9. S. (35:30) Why is it so difficult to work in bestowal? How can we make it easier in the spiritual work?
R. Work in bestowal is not difficult, it's really not difficult, it's rather impossible. Impossible, because this quality is completely non-existent within us. It's like you say, fly, like a bird. What can I do with that? Same thing with the work of bestowal. I don't have that quality that I'll include within me, activate within me and then start working in bestowal, this quality is formed in us by the influence of the Creator, the upper light and that's what we need to get closer to.
S. Come closer through the group?
R. Yes, of course, through everything that we learn, that's why we learn.
S. It's the method that makes the work easier?
R. It's not just that it makes the work easier, it connects us, unites us, strengthens us; our method is everything.
10. S. (37:15) It is written that a person envies the Creator when he sees how all the nations of the world slander him. I feel like I have resistance but I don't have slander against the work. Is slander a higher state?
R. So you have to continue until you feel in your evil desire that it is evil, you haven't yet discovered that it is evil, that's why you don't have that need for correction that Rabash writes about.
11. S. (38:22) It is written in the articles that in a person there are both righteous and wicked. Who is the person himself who sees all that?
R. That's just a will to receive.
12. S. (38:48) The article talks about the spies, what are spies and how do they work in the ten?
R. The spies are those desires, thoughts, actions that wish to grab hold of us and distract us sideways and pull us to all kinds of actions far from bestowal, spirituality and getting closer to the Creator; that's why they are called spies. All right.
13. S. (39:48) How to come to taste peace because we want rest, relaxation and he is talking about spiritual work. How can we taste the taste of peace?
R. We have to try to do that in the group as Rabash writes.
14. S. (40:27) In the work, when a person feels in a good connection with the ten, suddenly a voice comes slowly complaining about the corporeal status and other stuff and throws him out of the work, so how to monitor the small voices which direct us from the work?
R. He has to check what such voices are doing. There are two directions: a force that is about continuing the work and one that is about leaving the work and he has to scrutinize with which he wants to continue and thus, continue. All right.
15. S. (41:44) A friend asked about extending the holy soul and you answered it is from above. Another friend asked about confidence and you gave him the same answer. What's the difference between them?
R. It's the same thing in essence, meaning we need to get closer to the Creator. We need the upper light to influence us more and give us the strength and desire to connect between us and thus, connect to the Creator.
16. S. (43:18) How can a person come to be jealous for the Creator? What does it mean to be jealous for the Creator?
R. That is when he tries to work in order to bestow and wants to advance on this path towards the complete correction, then he begins to be jealous towards the Creator.
17. S. (44:08) Is it the rejection that we feel in the topic of the covenant, can we use this rejection as the foundation for the jealousy?
R. Yes, yes. If we correctly use attraction and rejection we all together build the Kli.
18. S. (45:01) Is it possible to somehow organize myself so that the arguments of the spies will only be strong to a certain extent?
R. I don't really understand why we need to demand in such a way, what the Creator gives us is everything required for our development. Therefore, we should just accept it that way.
19. S. (45:50) It is written and they explained that the reason is that because it is impossible to understand anything except according to the need for it, so how can we exit the need for self-control in order to come to the need to bestow?
R. We have to always think about it in the group and each friend has to strengthen all the other friends, that our goal is to achieve the force of bestowal and then from that we want to get closer to the Creator and demand from Him the help, the power, the importance and so forth.
20. S. (46:40) What does it mean that the Creator has given us the covenant of peace? Is peace a victory over the evil inclination or does it show the complete unification with the Creator who is fighting for us?
R. No, peace is called that a person receives strength to cope with all his desires that are opposite to the purpose of creation, that he'll be able to connect all his forces for the sake of reaching the connection of the Creator; this is called peace in the work.
21. S. (47:48) What is the power that awakens a person so he feels the help of the Creator more strongly than in the past?
R. The force of bestowal that finally awakens in a person, that a person feels that it is stronger than the force of reception that he had before. If I understood your question correctly.
22. S. (48:35) There is the Shechina which is our common Kli, our common soul and there's the Creator and there's also man, the point of man, so on the one hand, a person is incorporated in the common vessel in order to fill it, meaning so the Creator can fill it. On the other hand, the point of man yearns to unite with the thought of the Creator, so it turns out that a person is neither there nor here. What is the place of man, the point of man?
R. Man has to aspire to the Creator, that's where he came from, that's where he has to come back, but coming out of the Creator is under the influence of the ego and therefore, returning to the Creator can only be if he transforms his ego to a force of connection, of linkage with the Creator and then his connection with the Creator will become a complete connection with all his body and soul and that's what we need to achieve.
S. It turns out that the Shechina is man's body?
R. All of that, that's not, there's no reason to come up with new definitions here. No, we will continue and we will clarify this further, we shouldn't, mustn't approach this the way you did.
23. S. (50:48) If the Creator is guiding our every action is the winning of the battle not determined already? Is it possible for a man to have free will within this tendency to work for himself or to work for the Creator?
R. It's as though there is free choice to a person for whom to work, for himself or for the Creator, but in the end he understands that our work, in the end is only to ask for the strength to work for the sake of the Creator and that's it, there are no other possibilities and this is how we have to work.
24. S. (52:11) He wrote in the article and only when the thoughts of the spies chase him, then is the work to not be drawn after them. The question is: How to identify the spies, especially where they wrap their complaints in that it's as if advancing you to spirituality, so how do you identify them?
R. Check if through their recommendations, their attractions you are getting closer to the friends, first of all. This is the safest.
25. S. (52:56) How to hate self-reception? You can learn it, you can understand it. Sometimes there are moments of illumination where you get closer to the Creator but then you are pushed away again?
R. You have to do it in this way, you have to check what exactly that action that you are in is giving you. Is it giving you moving nearer to the Creator or moving away from the Creator, nearing the friends or moving away from the friends, and with this kind of sorting, this kind of analysis, through it, you will be able to scrutinize what exactly is happening to you and change the direction of your development.
26. S. (53:58) Whoever wants to follow the path of holiness must first develop the quality of mercy or is it enough if he develops well, the quality of judgment?
R. Neither judgment nor mercy, afterwards, along the way, we will discover what exactly it is, this is why this question is still not felt. Also in the one who is asking. We need only to work on the connection between us and in this way we will attain what we want.
27. S. (54:54) It is said that the pain is felt in the mind and the heart. Is that within reason or above reason?
R. It is within reason, the suffering is felt within reason.
28. S. (55:28) How to learn to be wise and also to not suffer that the Shechina will be in the dust?
R. For this we have to create a good connection between us, among the members of the group, and the closer we come to each other, the more we will see that we are coming into one connection, one group, one force and we discover in it the One upper force.
29. S. (56:28) [No translation]
R. Unity is when we are all different, contradictory, even repelling one another, aspiring for connection because specifically, in connection to discover the Creator and then the state of aspiring for this state, this is called the unity.
30. S. (57:40) It mentions here from Shamati, that don't be sorry for yourself because that brings separation, be sorry for the exile of the Shechina, it's like telling a person: don't feel what you feel, feel what's written, how can you be sorry for that?
R. I think it's actually not so difficult. I regret the general state of the group that I am in, my ten, this is what I am sorry for. This is what I regret: why does it not yearn for adhesion with the Creator. Why do we not have such a connection between us in the ten where the Creator can be revealed? That's it.
31. S. (58:38) What’s the difference between the will to receive and the state of wicked?
R. The will to receive is the will to receive which the Creator created and the desire of a sinner, this is someone of a wicked, this is someone who works according to the will to receive and is governed by it.
32. S. (59:27) Where do you receive this power called the envy of the Creator?
R. From the Creator.
S. So as preparation as to what is written, we need to ask to be jealous of the Creator so that we don't betray with other desires?
R. Yes, from the Creator.