Morning Lesson September 24, 2023
Transcription is made from simultaneous translation, which leaves a possibility for differences in the audio
Baal HaSulam. General Preface. #11
Reading #11 “Now we can understand the fourth light, which fell through the clash of the light of record with the light of dots, called letters…”
Reading (10:18 - 16:16) #12 “The reason for the refinement has already been explained above, at the end of Item 9: The inner light is connected to the vessel of Malchut,..”
1. R. (16:18) Okay, we’ll have to read this a few more times, perhaps items eleven and twelve, and it will settle. There's nothing special about it, rather try to bring it in as it is, okay? I see that you are today like before Yom Kippur, the Day of Atonement.
S. As far as the content of the lesson we went through all the parts.
R. And, additionally?
S. We can share what's going to happen here during Yom Kippur, the Day of Atonement and also the program of the content that we are going to send to everyone.
R. That’s a good idea.
S. Student discusses itinerary for the Yom Kippur and Sukkot observance.
2. S. (23:02) How do we catapult this Day of Atonement when there’s no broadcast where it actually strengthens the connection in the world Kli towards the upcoming Convention?
R. I don't know, we have an archive, a pretty big archive, there are all kinds of media there about the Day of Atonement and around that, so I help our friends know how to use it.
S. The question is not about them and the archive but what should be the inner guidance or preparation to not disconnect?
R. Not to disconnect, we have so many sources, books, everything, they can connect to it and they can easily go through these twenty-something hours, I don't see a problem there at all.
S. To what extent is our responsibility here those of us who will be here in connection in the Center, to hold the friends in the world Kli?
R. We have to be connected and to feel that they're among us, also connected, and in this way we continue the Day of Atonement. It's only twenty-four hours, it is not a problem.
3. S. (25:20) Usually when we end the Day of Atonement, we commemorate the birth of Baal HaSulam, are we going to do this, too?
R. We are going to commemorate the emergence of Baal HaSulam with Tuesday's study materials.
4. S. (25:53) I think not all the friends in the world Kli know the customs of the Day of Atonement, why there is no broadcast; maybe it’s worthwhile to explain a little bit why we are carrying out ourselves this way?
R. During Yom Kippur, the Day of Atonement, we do not do anything against, that goes against creation, the development of creation. That's why we concealed our activities, not to turn on or off, not to light a fire, that's the main thing, everything is secondary. I don't think there is anything, any big meticulousness, severity about it but we are trying to do what our sages said. So within our framework it means not to eat, not to drink, not to ignite a fire, or to pass a fire, that's it, twenty-five hours. We've been through this many times so we have no questions.
5. S. (28:06) Is it possible to look at the Day of Atonement as a preparation for Sukkot.
R. I didn't understand?
S. There's a certain order of the events Rosh Hashana, then Yom Kippur, Day of Atonement, then Sukkot and we also have the Conventions. All these events, are they connected somewhat?
R. You will participate and you will get your explanation.